Philo C. Bailey House

401 N.E. 2nd Avenue, Waseca, MN
Architecture: Italianate
Year Built: 1868

Built in 1868, by Dayton Smith, an accused horse thief, it was acquired in 1872, by P.C. Bailey, a hardware merchant, county official and director of the first committee to build a school in Waseca. P.C. Bailey died in 1907, and the house was purchased by the Lewer family who owned it until 1991. In 1991, the Waseca County Historical Society acquired the house. The house was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1994.