University of Minnesota, Waseca Records
Number of sheets: 12 The American Shropshire Registry Association certificate for Shropshire EWE to Adolph Stoeckel 4 April 1931. American Shorthorn Breeder's Association certificate 30 December 1935. The American Shropshire Registry Association certificate for Shropshire RAM to R.E. Hodgson 27 March 1940. Department of Taxation in regard to net farm profit 1943. Correspondence to Robert E. Hodgson from University of Minnesota regarding retirement 8 January 1960; years of service, certificate of Merit 10 May 1960. Peters Evergreen Nursery receipt and letter 1961. Permit authorizing changing the cross-section of Loon Lake, Waseca County 16 March 1961. U of M Waseca war surplus desk invoice and requisition papers. In August 1912, the University of Minnesota’s Board of Regents purchased 246 acres of land half a mile to the south and west of Waseca on the edge of the city limits. The Southeast Demonstration Farm and Experiment Station began operations in 1913. In 1925, the Southeast Demonstration and Experiment Station became the Southeast Experiment Station. In 1941, with an additional land purchase, the station totaled 598 acres. Land was set aside for the Southern School of Agriculture which admitted its first students in 1953. In 1969, the Southern School of Agriculture evolved into the University of Minnesota Technical College-Waseca then it was renamed as the University of Minnesota-Waseca, sharing land with the newly named Southern Experiment Station (SES). Finally, in 1999, the Southern Experiment Station became the Southern Research and Outreach Center (SROC).