1990 Approximate
St. John's Evangelical Lutheran Church, Iosco Council Minutes 1941. Material: paper, metal. Size: 9" x 11 1/2". Description: black heavy card stock cover, white front label: "St. John's Evangelical Lutheran Church, Iosco Township, Waseca County, Minutes 1941-1948"; contents: unnumbered photocopied pages of church council minutes through 1941-1948 when the church was disbanded shortly after church was destroyed by fire; members listed who joined Trinity Lutheran Church of Janesville and St. Paul's Lutheran Church of Waseca; newspaper clipping recounts church history.
St. John's Evangelical Lutheran Church of Iosco was destroyed by fire on April 7, 1948; immediately thereafter, the council minutes record talk of disbanding and the remainder of the minutes include how all of the church property, including the school building was disposed of; worship services were stopped on June 20, 1948 so that Rev. Theodore Hein could conduct the services in Janesville; church members included the family names of Barbknecht, Edler, Erdman, FIscher, Flitter, Guse, Klankowske Manke, Manthey, Mittelstaedt, Oestreich, Proechel, Roemhildt, Rudolph, Schaetzke, Sprengeler, Gerdts, Hildebrandt, Koester, Krienke, Seewald, Mrotz, Pagel and Wold; the following were officers of St. John's Lutheran at disbandment: Clarence Fischer, Paul Roemhildt, Ewald Sprengeler, Eldor Mittelstaedt, Ed Erdman, Ed Manthey and Clifford Oestreich.
St. John's Evangelical Lutheran Church, Iosco Minutes 1941-1948