UMW Women's Track Team. Material: metal. Size: 6" W. x 11" L. Description: gold colored metal nameplate detached from trophy - engraved: "MCCWAA 2nd Place, 1976" - color photo 5" x 7" captioned: 1976 University of Minnesota, Waseca, Women's track team, 2nd place, Minnesota Community College Athletic Association. Track and Field meet, May 15,1976 at Anoka MN. Pictured l to right back row; Mary Trombley, Cheryl Lund, Julie Savage, Pat Corneilus, Marian Johnston, Jill Borgereing, Coach Mary Musil. Middle row; Dawn Ahrehns, Marie Kasper, Shellee DeToy, Jean Polkow, Julie Aase, Front: Co-Captains, Lynn Winkler, Connie Jabs.
University of Minnesota, Waseca There is a photo to go along with this plate. The photo is numbered 48.92.127 folder no. 92. In August 1912, the University of Minnesota’s Board of Regents purchased 246 acres of land half a mile to the south and west of Waseca on the edge of the city limits. The Southeast Demonstration Farm and Experiment Station began operations in 1913. In 1925, the Southeast Demonstration and Experiment Station became the Southeast Experiment Station. In 1941, with an additional land purchase, the station totaled 598 acres. Land was set aside for the Southern School of Agriculture (SSA) which admitted its first students in 1953. In 1969, the Southern School of Agriculture evolved into the University of Minnesota Technical College-Waseca then it was renamed as the University of Minnesota-Waseca (UMW), sharing land with the newly named Southern Experiment Station (SES). In 1992, UMW graduated its final class and then the UMW campus buildings were sold to the Federal Bureau of Prisons. In 1999, the Southern Experiment Station became the Southern Research and Outreach Center (SROC).