John W. Aughenbaugh Residence also known as the Masonic Temple

831 N.E. 3rd Avenue, Waseca, MN
Architecture: 19th Century 
Year Built: 1897

John W. Aughenbaugh was a master miller and partner in the Everett, Aughenbaugh & Co. Flour Mill, (E.A.Co. Mill) in Waseca. The yellow brick house, built in 1897, has a wrap-around veranda welcoming breezes from nearby Clear Lake. There is mahogany woodwork throughout the home. Original stenciling on the walls and ceilings are faded but still in evidence of an elegant era of Waseca's past. The third story ballroom was host to many parties. The Aughenbaughs are the only family to have lived in the house. In 1931, the home was purchased by the Waseca Masons to become the Waseca Masonic Temple. The house was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1982.