1974 Approximate
UMW Women's Basketball Trophy. Material: wood, metal. Size: 4 1/2" W. x 6" L. Description: faux wood base - metal plaque mounted on base pictures: front row, Jean Olson, Julie Tollefson, Jean Polkow, Ann Hill, Jyl Blumhagen, Retha Stauffer, Iris Foley; second row: Coach Mary Musil, Robyn Paulson, Becky Lacey, Lynn Winkler, Dora Gransee, Cheryl Lane, Connie Jabs, Coach Randy Campbell - small metal nameplate near bottom identifies girls' names and "University of Minnesota - Waseca- First Women's Team Basketball 1974-75".
University of Minnesota, Waseca, Women's Basketball team. In August 1912, the University of Minnesota’s Board of Regents purchased 246 acres of land half a mile to the south and west of Waseca on the edge of the city limits. The Southeast Demonstration Farm and Experiment Station began operations in 1913. In 1925, the Southeast Demonstration and Experiment Station became the Southeast Experiment Station. In 1941, with an additional land purchase, the station totaled 598 acres. Land was set aside for the Southern School of Agriculture (SSA) which admitted its first students in 1953. In 1969, the Southern School of Agriculture evolved into the University of Minnesota Technical College-Waseca then it was renamed as the University of Minnesota-Waseca (UMW), sharing land with the newly named Southern Experiment Station (SES). In 1992, UMW graduated its final class and then the UMW campus buildings were sold to the Federal Bureau of Prisons. In 1999, the Southern Experiment Station became the Southern Research and Outreach Center (SROC).